Electrolysis Hair Removal
Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal that is achieved over a period of time. This treatment can be used anywhere on the body that unwanted hair forms
How Electrolysis works
A small disposable needle is inserted into the hair follicle. An electric current is then turned on and flows through the needle. The needle is then taken out and the hair is removed. This current eventually destroys the cells in the follicle, preventing the hair from re-growing.
There are 3 different methods of Electrolysis.
This is a Direct Current. When the current mixes with the water and salt in the body it creates a chemical reaction turning into Sodium Hydroxide called lye. This destroys the cells in the hair follicle and also continues to work for a period of time after the needle has been removed.
This is a High Frequency Alternating Current. When the current is applied, the frequency causes the needle to vibrate rapidly creating heat making the cells weak, preventing regrowth.
3. Blend (Both currents used together)
This is where the Galvanic and Thermolysis are used at the same time. Using the two currents together is more efficient and effective. The heat from Thermolysis helps the lye from Galvanic spread further and work faster by filling the entire follicle destroying all the cells.
What you can do to help Electrolysis be more effective for you
- Drink plenty of water
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements – Omega 3, Glucosamine, Zinc and Vitamin C
- Avoid caffeine before the treatment
- Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise and use Sunscreen daily
- Refrain from tweezing, waxing or depilatories for at least 1 week before treatment
- Avoid touching the area
- Avoid smoking
- Only use a mineral makeup
- Do not sunbathe for 24-48 hours
- Do not go swimming for 48 hours
- Do not apply heat to the area
- If the area is hot, use a cool purified water to sooth and also natural Aloe Vera
- Wash in luke warm water
- Wear loose clothing with body treatments
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Discover a new level of luxurious beauty essentials and rejuvenating skincare treatments. Book your appointment online or call us on 03 308 0173